My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.busymomonline.com and update your bookmarks.

Busy Mom Blog: Sweet Little Sunday Excursion
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Sweet Little Sunday Excursion

The weather yesterday was great. It hit 70 here in Indiana and the sun was shining. My son and I couldn't resist a chance to get out and take pictures of the fall foliage.

We had quite an adventure! First we tried to get the foliage and an old barn that sits off the highway, but the only spot you could see it well from was on a bridge and there was way too much traffic to stop and get out.

I turned the car around and tried to head out a country road called Maple Turn, only to find out the state police had the road blocked for some reason. I'll have to check the paper today and see what happened. Our town is pretty boring, so anything like that is sure to make the front page, right beside the 12 year old who grew a monstrous pumpkin in his back yard or the guy down the street's multi-point buck score on his hunting trip.

We finally settled for the city park, and took many pictures of the little pond that's there. I liked this picture, mostly because of the kids walking the trail on the far side of the water. The park was full of families, and each shelter house was taken for a birthday party, reunion, or end of the season cookout bash. One shelter house held kids in Halloween costumes. Skeletons and witches were playing on the swings. It made me think about how, in today's society, moments like this are far too few. When was the last time you can remember trudging around a little pond, exploring the trail around it that leads through the woods? Ducking to avoid that low branch that will snag your hair or your shoe slipping off the path into the mud. When was the last time your kids had the opportunity to have that kind of adventure?

Seems like parents are busy working overtime, and shuffling the kids back and forth between dance, soccer, and music lessons. Free time at home is usually after dark and spend on the computer of playing video games. I'm glad I took the time to give my son a little adventure this weekend. I'll leave you with a shot of my son taking his own pictures.
Posted by Gayle at 10/31/2006 12:24:00 PM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home